Give 'Em some Crayons

Coloring. I need to do more coloring in class. That is my take-home message of today.

This morning we took a few minutes to make goodbye cards for our student teacher when she stepped out of the room to observe in another class. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the room was as close to silent as it's ever been in the second grade. I didn't even particularly SAY that the noise level would have to be silent, the kids just picked up markers and became so intent on producing a fantastic creation that making noise didn't even cross their minds. Having their own individual card to work on made a world of difference--this was no anarchy or tennis-leaning dictatorship from our earlier government scenarios. Just an artistic moment of total peace.

Thank you Crayola.
 

No comments:

We are NOT Joking Around, Here

This summer I have been getting lots of advice on the impending baby situation that will be happening this fall.   Highlights of this advi...