Please Don't Tell My Mom

This past weekend, my husband and I found ourselves aboard paddle boats with some children we had just met. After returning the boats, Nate was standing with the 6-year old by the side of the lake as the boy chucked rocks into the water. Perhaps he hit a duck or something, but Nate definitely heard him exclaim, "Shit!" Nate asked, "What did you say?" and the boy scampered off.

Lots of things "just slip out" in the third grade. Oddly enough, the things that are unintentionally released from the mouth very rarely tend to be compliments or math facts. Maybe the curse words that have recently been written in the boys' bathroom also just slipped out of someone's hand....


I did not me to say that I gest slip out my mouth I sorry gest pleas don’t tell my mom

Darius



No comments:

We are NOT Joking Around, Here

This summer I have been getting lots of advice on the impending baby situation that will be happening this fall.   Highlights of this advi...